Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stranger Meaning

In The Stranger, Meursault seems to live a pretty boring, meaningless life. It's a simple life, but he never seems to despair. In fact, he seems quite content with the way his life is going. I think we all can find happiness in the small things. Though the daily grind can sometimes be monotonous, there are a couple ways I try to make it more enjoyable. One way to do that is by laughing. Joking around with friends and having fun just makes the day so much more worthwhile. I also find myself thinking towards the future to get through the day. Like where I'll go to college, or where I'll live as an adult, whether in Chicago, somewhere in the U.S., or abroad. I like traveling and learning about places, so I like the idea of living out of state next year. Looking to the future is a way of saying, sure it might be boring now, it'll be better soon. This might not be a great mindset if it doesn't change eventually, because then I won't ever be happy with where I am, I'll always be looking towards the next thing. I don't really see that being the case in the long term though.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like we should just go through life trying to get by, sounds a lot like what addicted drug users would say.

    ReplyDelete